Sunday, April 15, 2012

I am not a mountain goat

Finally we made it up big Suger Loaf, that feature mountain in the Co.Wicklow countryside.

As it often the case the sun was shining this sunday morning and we left the house early to get ahead the Dublin crowds climbing this 'mountain' on sunny sunday. Also it did not look like it, it only took us half an hour to reach the top, mastering rolling stones and rocks and some thorns.
Well, the view was worth it. Co. Dublin, Co. Wicklow, mountain ranges and glimmering coast line.
It was just beautiful up there in the sunshine, also the wind was icy and my ears nearly froze of. Seriously. From there we could also sea the weather to come for the next hours. Big cloud started pilling up in the far west and we made our way down while it was sunny. The skypainter skipped ahead, light footed and surely did he navigated the rocks, while I slowly mastered the rolly, slippery, slopy mountainside even using my hands for stretches to support me. What can I say, I am not a mountain goat.

After eight years, this height is ticked off too and I was surprised how fast one can be up and down. It looks like it would take longer.

Litte Sugar Loaf will keep its place in my heart so as there is no tourist crowds climbing its heights and the memories from that hill are to precious to be taken over by a bigger version hill.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna. I've just read your comment on http://www.intothehermitage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/elf-with-upside-down-heart.html
    and wanted to say that you're welcome to contact me if you want to talk with someone who may understand a little. Love and sandwiches xx

    ReplyDelete