Well, what can I say? Time is racing ahead and I seem to tumble after it.
So much has happened the last days that keeping track in words is not easy and not what I really like to with my now precious time off.
We took beautiful memories and photographs with us leaving the south and west coast after our short holiday stint. The Fastnet B&B in Baltimore is a little treasure with its authentic interior, a hearty, happy and welcoming owner, reasonable prices and one of the best Irish Breakfast I had sofar.
Baltimore - the last 8years I did not make back to this piece of the country where the big adventure started. The landscape gave me a wild welcome with the wind and seaspray hugging me and colours to delight any artists heart. We climbed the rocks and hills and rested on huge, empty , sandy, golden beaches. Water was to cold for swimming so. haha.
Believe it or not the Skypainter never has been there and he enjoyed the days off in the countryside with evenings spend in pubs where the fire crackeled in the fireplaces and fish for the evening dinner was caught the morning. No tourist but us - just a few locals to entertain us with mad stories and sketches from the past and present. Irish gossip. The following days the weather improved and warm spring shine traveled with us along the roads.
And now... now am I back indoors, stock in an office. Giving up what you studied and worked in for years even for a while was harder then expected and the first days doom and gloom and even a bit tearful. But I know its for a limited period and it will help me along the path I am hoping to go. And I am also gaining an insight into the uptil now resisted corporate world.
So weird, the signing in and out, the swipecards, timeclocks, lack of flexibility - an office industry. The good points: free lunches and breakfast, lots of young people (I am counting myself in) to get to know and befriend and a pub just across the office, the seafront at the door and a lot of cheering on.
Still, I have to giggle (haha) about the different language: we are a great team, its all due to you, stick to the policies. And there is so much group pulling: social events you are suppose to take part at.
I am missing my down to earth and in its way honest construction industry and am not happy with having my wings clipped. They now the job is not the most exciting one and they try to keep us cheerful. Fair play. Well the next weeks will show and you never know I might absolutely love. Till then it will pay the bills and learn me (as the Irish say) new things.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment