Thursday, March 1, 2018

Blizzard

Ireland is hilarious when it comes to cold and snow. Storm Emma is to bring a foot of snow and severe winds. Fair enough. People are urged to stay indoors and ensure their neighbours are fine. Fair enough. But I am actually working from home these days as public transport entirely shut down (a day in advance). This feels ridiculous since the storm only started now and my little sea side town has no snow yet (well very little). But given the bad road clearance record and the ,it will be grand, attitude of many Irish People this all seems to have a point.
What I don't understand are the completely sold out shop especially bread shelves (slide bread) in advance. As if not other food exists anymore. How much bad bread can you actually store and eat? Is vegetable soup or stew or chicken curry not so much nicer? Or porridge? What's wrong with porridge?

To be stuck at home having to work without an office, with a husband who is already bored and walks through wind and weather to just escape for a while and a nearly 5 year old who usually spends half his day outside, but has a severe cold and is excited about the promise for snow, is a challenge in itself.

Additional it does not help to be premenstrual near a stocked up fridge working on a project that is tricky. Will power where are you?

I decided to defrost my freezer while depositing the last remaining contents on the balcony and made a hilarious discovery. My son had deposited a snowball in the bottom drawer. Snow here is rare and it looks like he made sure he can always look at snow.

2nd I discovered that it is not quite as cold as I thought, so I am sitting here now, working away while demolishing half a pint of Ben&Jerry Caramel Ice Cream. Premenstrual me is happy, tomorrow me might cry.

Sure it doesn't snow to often. Let's make a feast out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment