Sunday, February 24, 2013

baby front

All sugar levels are under control and I have a good handle on the gestational diabetes (no insulin required), but nonetheless the extra scan last friday revealed that mr. mini-us has a big belly (outside the norm) which is caused by the diabetes which lets me think, that I must have had it for longer then I thought.
Its nothing to worry about, but might mean I am still not able to use the midwife scheme for birthing, which would mean bye bye lovely little room and a big ward with 6-8 new mums in it - ah irish hospitals. But anyway which ever way it will turn out, as long as the young man will be healthy, we can take it on. Sure it wouldn't be us, if things would go straight forward.
Got lots of clothes from friends and neighbours and keep looking at them. What do you use when and how combined? How many times a day will I need new ones? Still the same that the afterwards makes me more nervous then the actual birth. But that might change in the next couple of weeks.

I am counting the days in work now - 2.5 weeks to go and then I am 3 weeks of, inside me a little voice is whispering don't count on it, I want to be there a bit earlier, I cant miss easter : ) - and I am longing for spring sunshine, wish keeps me waiting longer this year then years before - or is this an illusion?

We have not decided what to do for Patricks Day yet, as our usual walk+restaurant trip, would be a bit to much for me - but if the weather is lovely, def. out and about, maybe Roundwood lake and a picknick, like that very first Paddys day nine years ago. Sure little man will wait till after then.

My parents got themselves a new little gadget and can use Skype with camera now as well. I have to remember that now before answering the phone. And they are looking forward to be part of the development of the "erste Enkelsohn". Excitement everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I'm coming over from Frau Limerick to find just another German lady blogging from Ireland.

    Alles Liebe dir und dem "kleinen Iren", der in dir wächst. Verwundert habe ich von den so anderen Vorsorgeuntersuchungen auf der grünen Insel gelesen.

    Take good care of yourself and best wishes from Germany.

    ReplyDelete