Friday, October 29, 2010

breaks to be found everywhere

Just realising how important the point "not permanently in the office" was for me when picking the job I am doing.
I did not see the office at all yesterday, out and about on site, surveys and client meetings - worked from 8 till 4 and and was home 2.5 hours earlier then ususal which meant time for a cuppa with gr.s and more important time for shopping in all the little shops in my home that are normally closed when I come home.
It also means that I had the apartment for myself for two hours and could listen to: Hermann van Veen, Everythings is illuminated and Pankraz - and sing out loudly. Both things the skypainter finds hard to take over a long period of time.

The results: Squid for the skypainters diner, which I normally oppose to, but Catherine Fulvio has a lovely receipe and it was yummy (sort of) and I have " ein stein im brett" with the beloved one.

The evening went peacefully with no television, bits of houseworks and nice cups of tea and chats with the man.
His patience is seaming to shrink a bit, he is not impressed, that everybody in work is coming to him to talk about there worries and sorrow. I told him thats because he is not judging and not always advisiong. Just listening.
Sometimes people just need somebody to listen and that is what he is good at.

I loved my break from the office and the attached evening and only went back reluctantly. There is just not enough stimulation here and it feels good to break the routine every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment